Office hours 8am-4pm Monday/Friday
(734) 676-7509 (fax)
Need to vote Absentee in any upcoming Election?
If you have one of the following reasons, please call the City Clerk, Cynthia Lehr, at (734) 676-3900 to have an absentee voter application mailed to you.
• You are age 60 or older
• Plan to be away from the community on election day
• Physically unable to attend polls without assistance
• Cannot attend polls due to the tenets of your religion
• You have been appointed election inspector in a precinct other than your own
• Confined to jail awaiting trial
You must be registered to vote at least 30 days prior to an election. The last day to register for this election is Tuesday, October 9, 2012. You can register at City Hall or at any Secretary of State Office. You need to re-register only if you move or change your name. You can re-register to vote while at the Secretary of State Office or stop in at City Hall to re-register. When you change your address on your license, the Secretary of State will cancel your old voter registration.
Photo identification is required to vote in all elections. Be prepared to show your driver's license or other photo identification.
All registered voters recently received new voter’s cards due to your U.S. Congressional State Senate and County Commissions districts changing.
• The Clerk is also a Notary Public - This Service is Free